Spring is finally here and summer is just around the corner. With the warm weather starting to roll in, it is time to start thinking about pool days! If you live in a home that has a pool and love entertaining guests, you should consider new ideas for how to decorate the area. Here are some great suggestions from Fence Center for accentuating the space:
1. Accent the Pool – You can give an exotic, tropical or east-Asian look to your pool area by simply using the fencing and enhancing it with the appropriate accents. For instance, pagoda-shaped path lighting and the careful placement of a Japanese maple could give your pool area the air of a true Japanese garden. There are several types of bamboo fencing to choose from for this or other looks, so take the time to consider your options. In addition, a bamboo fence is often stronger and longer-lasting than many other natural options, so you’ll get many years of use out of it.
2. Select outdoor furniture that will fit nicely around the pool – Don’t overcrowd the area and don’t pick out too many pieces. Arrange the furniture so that you can move around easily. Make sure to place the reclining chairs in the sun for sunbathing.
3. Purchase an outdoor table set with an umbrella – Set up a barbecue grill near the seating area for cooking up hot dogs and hamburgers. If you are going to choose chairs with cushions, make sure they are waterproof for when it rains. Consider buying a weatherproof chest or box that you can put the cushions in, if the cushions you fall in love with aren’t made to withstand the weather.
4. Decorate your pool deck with tropical-themed decorations – Put flowers and plants in colorful vibrant pots in different areas around the pool. Consider planting flowers around the fence, as well. You could even buy a fake palm tree to place in one of the corners of the pool deck.
5. For nighttime entertaining, place a few tiki torches around the perimeter of the pool – You could also string lights along the fence for additional illumination or hang globe lights or Chinese paper lanterns for parties. Put a few glass lanterns around on tables or buy colorful candles – and don’t forget the citronella, since the bugs love pools! Purchase an outdoor fire pit for cooler summer nights. You can opt for anything from a simple round, stainless steel fire pit to an elaborate chiminea in stone or terra cotta.
Not only does a swimming pool increase the value of your house, it also provides an entirely different section of the home to congregate with family and friends. Once you’re done decorating, all that is left to do is to sit back, relax, and soak up some sun!